20031114:GOES winds added to MADIS

------- Forwarded Message

>To: MADIS-ftp.fsl@xxxxxxxx,
>To: MADIS-ldm.fsl@xxxxxxxx
>From: Patricia.A.Miller@xxxxxxxx
>Subject: GOES winds added to MADIS

MADIS users,

We have recently added a new dataset to the MADIS database: satellite
wind data.  The dataset contains both operational (3-hour) and
experimental (1-hour) wind products created by NESDIS from GOES
satellite imagery and sounder data.  For more information, see the
Satellite Wind link under the MADIS home page at
http://www-sdd.fsl.noaa.gov/MADIS.  The MADIS API has also been
upgraded to include the satellite winds datasets.  For AWIPS users,
the experimental products have been formatted for display in D2D, and
a customization package (including instructions and the necessary
customFiles files to be used in the localization tasks) are provided;
see README.1h_goes_winds in /export/ftp/madis/awips/docs/ on our ftp
server.

Ftp users can access the operational products in directory
.../point/HDW/netcdf and the experimental products in directory
.../point/HDW1h/netcdf.

LDM users can access the data by adding the following request entries
to their ldmd.conf:

request  FSL2   "^FSL\.NetCDF\.MADIS\.HDW\..*"              eldm.fsl.noaa.gov
request  FSL2   "^FSL\.NetCDF\.MADIS\.HDW1h\..*"            eldm.fsl.noaa.gov

For your pqact.conf, add the following (with tabs between fields):

FSL2     ^FSL\.NetCDF\.MADIS\.(HDW\..*) PIPE    -close
<fullpath>/store_MADIS.sh $DTOP/point/HDW/netcdf \1
FSL2     ^FSL\.NetCDF\.MADIS\.(HDW1h\..*)       PIPE    -close
<fullpath>/store_MADIS.sh $DTOP/point/HDW1h/netcdf \1

If you are using our API, here are the directories you need to setup
(using $DTOP as the top-level directory, e.g. /home/MADIS):
$DTOP/point/HDW/netcdf, $DTOP/point/HDW1h/netcdf.  Note that the full
path through the $DTOP directory must be < 230 characters.

Please let me know if you decide to use the data.  We will then include
you in our satellite wind email list.

Also, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Patty

------- End of Forwarded Message

  • Search the ldm-users archives: