20031111: motherlode inaccessibility

>From: Unidata User Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All,

Due to extreme winds in Boulder, CO, the NCAR Mesa Lab has been evacuated
because of an unstable power supply.

The impact on Unidata IDD users is as follows:

- motherlode.ucar.edu has been shut down.  This means that FNEXRAD
  composite NEXRAD Level III imager is not being created.  Additionally,
  all THREDDS severs (e.g., ADDE and OpenDAP) are not available.

- the top level IDD node, thelma.ucar.edu, has been shut down.  This
  means that sites previously feeding from thelma.ucar.edu should fail
  over to a site that is not being fed from thelma either directly
  or indirectly.

For the conventional IDD datastreams, the available failover sites are:

IDS|DDPLUS - atm.geo.nsf.gov, unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu, sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
HRS        - atm.geo.nsf.gov, unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu, sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
NNEXRAD    - atm.geo.nsf.gov, unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu, sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
UNIWISC    - atm.geo.nsf.gov, unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu, sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu

Sites feeding:

CONDUIT
NIMAGE

from thelma should failover to atm.geo.nsf.gov.

We do not know when the power situation at the NCAR mesa lab will stabilize,
so we can not estimate when you will be able to revert your data feeds.

There is a possibility that all of UCAR will lose power, so we may not
be accessible by email.

Tom Yoksas
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
(303)497-8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support  <

  • Search the ldm-users archives: