Re: 20030825: request for help - followup

Tom et al,
Thanks for your assistance, we have fixed our network problem, which turned out
to be a "gummed up" router for lack of a better explanation. I basically ran
two tests to convince our network folks that "my" problem was "our" problem, 1)
I ran ping statistics to show that dropped packets did not happen until I got
to the router, and 2) I showed them ftp download times from machines before and
after the router, which indicated download speeds of ~1000 Kbytes/sec as
opposed to the terrible ~35 Kbytes/sec I was getting after the router (this is
why I was asking people to ftp to motherlode, so I would have some bench
marks). Anyhow, were back in business, thanks again,
-Mike

Mike Voss
Department of Meteorology
San Jose State University