Re: 20030820: Weather2.admin.niu.edu Trouble

>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Kevin W. Thomas wrote:
>
>> I did some log checking, and found the following:
>>
>> munchkin.caps.ou.edu Connection started failing Thursday August 14th at
>>                      8:24pm CDT.  I haven't had any connections since.
>> winkie.caps.ou.edu   I was wrong.  This machine *can* connect, however, it
>>                      is getting "access denied".  This started on Friday
>>                      August 15th at 9:23am.
>>
>> I've been able to come with a lot of CAPS computers than can connect to
>> "niu.edu", and I can come with a lot that can't.
>
>I am getting "Access denied" messages from a machine called 129.15.197.65.
>I am allowing it now...I am wondering if your IPs changed or if something
>is going haywire there!

>Gilbert Sebenste                                                     ********
>(My opinions only!)                                                  ******
>Staff Meteorologist, Northern Illinois University                      ****
>E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***
>web: http://weather.admin.niu.edu                                      **
>Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                *

Gilbert...

I'm showing "winkie" now getting data.  "Munchkin", our other LDM system
still can't connect.  I've talked to other people running LDM systems here
at OU.  They report the same problem.

"Traceroute" still shows 131.156.168.1 as the stopping point.

        Kevin W. Thomas
        University of Oklahoma
        Norman, Oklahoma
        Email:  kwthomas@xxxxxx