Re: Weather2.admin.niu.edu Trouble (fwd)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Kevin W. Thomas wrote:

> The machines affected are in the "caps.ou.edu" world, though I suspect other
> "ou.edu" machines may also be affected.  I have no way of knowing.
>
> Please look into this.

Hi Kevin,

This is what I got back:

I am blocking port 25 and netbios.  You should know better than that.
I know what port you use. You are the only one on 388 ;) You should
have no problems with it.

Herb

Everything else is wide open, and I just checked...everyone else is
getting stuff fine.

What LDM are you running? If not 6.014, an upgrade should solve that.
Maybe OU is blocking incoming 388 as a suspect DOS attack?

E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: