Re: ALLOW with regex for files

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Lemay,Daniel [CMC] wrote:

> When you set up a LDM server, is it possible to limit the files (by a
> pattern matching possibly) that a client can obtain within a particular feed
> (I know the client himself can write a pattern matching in is REQUEST
> entries, but what I want is the server to be able to enforce some
> restrictions on what the client can take). In all the example I have seen,
> the ALLOW only includes a feed field?

Daniel,

Well I'm sure the Unidata experts will have the definitive answer, but
I'll go out on a limb and guess that the answer is no since the
ldmd.conf file lists the syntax of the ALLOW statement as:

        allow   <feedset> <hostname pattern>

whereas the syntax of the REQUEST statement is:

Notice there is no <pattern> argument to the the ALLOW that would allow
you to limit the feedtype(s) as in the REQUEST.  This also corresponds to
what is in the 7/2001 LDM5 Site Manager's Guide on p. 24.

Now this is LDM v5 and maybe the ALLOW has been enhanced in LDM v6, but I
don't remember seeing anything about that.

But this might be a nice feature to have in certain circumstances I
suppose.

Tom McDermott                           Email: tmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator                   Phone: (585) 395-5718
Earth Sciences Dept.                    Fax: (585) 395-2416
SUNY College at Brockport

  • Search the ldm-users archives: