Re: 20030714: ldmadmin scour ignore option?

> It seems to me that the best way to do this is to have a separate
> file system (directories) that you can move files that you want to
> keep into. I'm assuming that "interesting cases" pop up unexpectedly
> but that you can decide that they are a "keeper" soon enough to save
> them from the scour program. A script that would go through all the
> directories and move/copy the desired files over into the "protected"
> file system would be easy to run. The "protected file system" could
> look like the gempak file system, so that a simple directory pointer
> change would make the software easy to manage.

This is how we manage our case study data for use with Gempak.  Each event has
it's own directory with the typical gempak subdirs on a separate partition
from our"live" data.  They also have their own Gemenviron file that
can be sourced prior to running any of the gempak programs (ntl). I've been
working on a script to archive events automaticaly but it never seems to get
far enough up my list of"to-do's" for me to finish it.

--
Mark Tucker
Meteorology Dept. Systems Administrator

  • Search the ldm-users archives: