Changing IDD Server at Plymouth State

Hello,

We've now finished all our new subnet work in preparation to the move
into our new building, so it is finally time to retire our long time IDD
server (mammatus.plymouth.edu). In the past we have had a few sites
feeding from us, especially during the academic year, but right now I
see very little (if any) activity. I also don't know what the current
topology really is at this point in time.

In any case, shortly I will be switching our feed service from mammatus
to snow.plymouth.edu [158.136.64.43].

Mammatus is a 1996 vintage RS6000 running ldm5.0.5. Snow is a PIII
500MHz FreeBSD machine running ldm6.

In the fall, we should definitely be on Internet II (a long saga that
started more than a year ago) and we will be adding several powerful new
servers. We are also currently in the process of upgrading our NOAAPORT
computers which should help us stream data better from NOAAPORT to these
new servers, making our ADDE and IDD serving much more efficient.

Jim
--
James P. Koermer             E-Mail: koermer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor of Meteorology     Office Phone: (603)535-2574

  • Search the ldm-users archives: