java LDM client

Hiya!

I have a little R&D (*cough play*) application I have been working on in
java.  I would like to stream Iowa Mesonet (self promo) observations to it
in 'real-time'.  So instead of writing a streaming server in java, I
thought (since I am lazy), why not use LDM?!?

Sooooo, is there a LDM client written in java where I can do something
like this?

LDMConnection ldm = new LDMConnection(...);
InputStream is = ldm.getStream();
while ((o = is.getNextProduct()) != null ){
  Act on this product ...
}

Yeah, that is junky code, but you get my point.

I asked my best friend google about this topic and it didn't answer my
question. I saw a bunch of old pages suggesting that perhaps UNIDATA was
working on this at one time.  I also vaguely recall seeing javadocs at one
time that seemed to implement LDM in java, but my memory is fleeting with
my old age!

And a second question, if I may, can LDM handle a couple thousand
connections? :)  (I think my server/OS can!)

Later,
  Daryl

--
/**