LDM 6 now available

Dear LDM user,

This is the official announcement that LDM 6 is now available. LDM 6 has
significantly higher performance than LDM 5 and we encourage everyone to
transition to it.

More information -- including installation instructions -- can be found
at the LDM home-page:

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm

Even if you've already installed LDM 6.0.2, you should install the
latest version (6.0.3) because it fixes a problem in the ldmsend(1)
and rtstats(1) utilities that prevented them from sending to an LDM 6
server.  This fix will allow your LDM system to send statistics to the
UPC's LDM 6.  These statistics can be subsequently viewed at

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats

Be advised that you will probably not find a binary-distribution for
your system: you'll have to install from the source-distribution.  We'll
add binary-distributions as time permits.

As always, if you've followed the installation instructions and still
have problems, contact support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM Developer