Re: GOES-8

>Is there a problem with GOES-8?  The latest image we have is 1745Z..and I
>noticed
>several other sources say the same thing.   (We have a SDI Ingestor).
>Was there a maintenance notice I missed?
>

>Robert Mullenax
>Weather Systems Administrator
>Universal Weather and Aviation

Robert...

I received the email below earlier today.

        Kevin W. Thomas
        University of Oklahoma
        Norman, Oklahoma
        Email:  kwthomas@xxxxxx

688
NOUS42 KWNO 211451
ADMNFD
SPECIAL NCEP DISCUSSION
CENTRAL OPERATIONS/NOAA/NWS/NCEP WASHINGTON DC
1450 UTC TUE JAN 21 2003

<snip>

FYI...A GOES E STATION KEEPING MANEUVER WILL BEGIN
AT 1820Z TODAY...THE PRIMARY IMPACT ON NWS OPERATIONS
WILL BE A LOSS OF GOES E IMAGERY AND SOUNDING DATA
FROM 1815Z THRU 1944Z...GOES W WILL PROVIDE HALF
HOURLY FULL DISK IMAGERY DURING THIS TIME...

WHITMORE/SDM/NCO/NCEP
NNNN

  • Search the ldm-users archives: