LDM installation and tuneup at AMS

Dear LDM-user,

The Unidata Program Center (UPC) is about to release a new version of
the LDM that has greatly improved performance. For example, its maximum
data throughput on high-bandwidth but high-latency networks is more than
8 times the current LDM's. The net result is decreased latencies of
received data products for all sites.

The UPC is thinking about providing a free LDM installation and tuneup
service at the upcoming AMS conference if there's sufficient interest.
If this service were available at the UCAR booth, would you use it?

Here are the costs of using this service:

    *  Going to the AMS conference.

    *  Having your LDM computer support remote logins (e.g. ssh, rlogin,
       telnet).

    *  Knowing the passwords of your LDM user and superuser (i.e. root).

    *  Standing around the UCAR booth answering questions about your LDM
       setup while someone like myself does what's necessary.  (Note
       that we routinely install a new LDM on our systems in less than 3
       minutes.)

And here are the benefits:

    *  Installation of a higher-performance LDM.

    *  Face-time with an LDM developer.

Please notify me if you think you'd use this service.  Whether we do it
or not depends partially upon the demand.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM developer

  • Search the ldm-users archives: