Unique Filename

Greetings all;

First let me say that I am pretty new to LDM and I hope that I am posting this question to the right list...if not maybe someone will point me to a beginners list.

I need to generate a unique filename in pqact.conf so that files will not overwrite those already in a que. Below is what I have done so far. I added "%M%S" here but this will only resolve to one second. Not quite good enough...it is possible that 2 files could be processed during the same second. The "NEWFILE.dat" part of the filename cannot change nor can the path.

EXP .*(transfile.dat) FILE -overwrite /some/file/path/NEWFILE.dat%M%S

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...RLB

  • Search the ldm-users archives: