Re: 20030114: Strange new products and corrupted old products

Bill,

The products are separated so that binary products are found in the HDS stream.

The products that don't contain binary characters are inserted in IDS|DDPLUS.
The RS (^^) character is common in many bulletins including MOS bulletins
(along with \t \n \r SOH and ETX) is allowed in the ascii products.
These characters are within the readable set.

For example,
^A^M
779 ^M
SRCO20 KWAL 141710^M
^^17973462 0141710042J@HA@H@@HAGEM 49+0HP 130W^M
^C

The NWS has links from the (OH hydrology pages I believe) to the DCP
products. The format is dependent on the sensor package.

The SP bulletins with extraneous obs are unrelated.

Steve Chiswell

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Bill Noon wrote:

> Steve -- Are these products being tagged DDPLUS?  Is there some way to
> strip out any non-text products in the stream?
>
> Do you have a url for the NOAAPort DCP format?
>
> Any idea on the corrupted surface obs?
>
> --Bill Noon
> Northeast Regional Climate Center
> Cornell University
>
> On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 01:03 PM, Steve Chiswell wrote:
>
> > Bill,
> >
> > The KWAL products you mention are the NOAAPORT DCP products
> > being ingested on jackie.unidata.ucar.edu and sent
> > on the IDD along with other OCONUS grids (found in the HDS stream)
> > available on channel 4 of NOAAPORT.
> >
> > Steve Chiswell
> > Unidata User Support

  • Search the ldm-users archives: