[Reminder: AMRC switch to backup processing system]

As a promised, here is another notice on AMRC's switch in data
processing and serving to its backup system due to needed repairs.  The
actual shutdown will be November 20, 2002 at 15 UTC.  Presently all
functions found on our primary system, amrc.ssec.wisc.edu, including Web
FTP, McIDAS ADDE etc. should be available on the backup system,
ice.ssec.wisc.edu.

A final notice of reminder will be sent tomorrow before the system is
indeed shutdown for repairs.

Feel free to contact us here at the AMRC if there are any questions or
concerns.

Regards,

Matthew

Matthew Lazzara -Meteorologist- Antarctic Meteorological Research Center
925 Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences    http://amrc.ssec.wisc.edu
Space Science and Engineering Center         E-mail: mattl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Wisconsin-Madison                    Phone: (608) 262-0436
1225 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53706           Fax: (608) 263-6738

Matthew Lazzara wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, AMRC will switch its data processing and
> serving over to its backup system, ice.ssec.wisc.edu for repairs. All
> functions found on amrc.ssec.wisc.edu, including Web, FTP, McIDAS ADDE,
> etc. should be available on the backup system.
>
> Another notice will be send before the system is shutdown, giving the
> specific times of the shutdown, etc.
>
> Please feel to contact us here at the AMRC (amrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) if there
> are any concerns or questions.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Matthew Lazzara -Meteorologist- Antarctic Meteorological Research Center
> 925 Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences    http://amrc.ssec.wisc.edu
> Space Science and Engineering Center         E-mail: mattl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> University of Wisconsin-Madison                    Phone: (608) 262-0436
> 1225 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53706           Fax: (608) 263-6738

  • Search the ldm-users archives: