UAlbany Internet Access fixed

Hi all,

Well, our networking folks appear to have solved the problem with
the Packeteer, and our data is coming in in a timely fashion
once again.  There were two issues:  they had forgotten to prioritize
our port 388 traffic (!), and there was a problem with the
Packeteer that was causing the CPU on which it ran to max out,
resulting in heavy packet loss.  Both were solved yesterday afternoon.

Those sites that feed DDPLUS/HDS from redwood.atmos.albany.edu can
fail back to us.  NLDN data from striker.atmos.albany.edu should
be flowing at "lightning" speed too.

Thanks for your patience.

--Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator               **********************
Dept. of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences           ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University at Albany, ES-235                    518-442-4571 (voice)
1400 Washington Avenue                          518-442-5825 (fax)
Albany, NY 12222                                **********************

  • Search the ldm-users archives: