Re: UIUC outage/anyone need a failover?

Data from UIUC has been down since 21:35Z/4:35 PM CT on Friday. It is now
1:15Z Saturday/8:15 PM CT Friday and they're still out...it seems a good
chunk of the campus is down. Any sites who normally get fed by UIUC can
fail over to me if they so desire. If you have no backup, email me and
I'll add you.

We had another power outage for some urgent repair work on some
electrical equipment.  This one was on purpose, but they did a poor
job of notifying us in advance and we had just enough time to power
everything off beforehand.  Sorry for the unannounced outage of
flood.atmos.uiuc.edu.  It was all back online as of about 9AM CDT
this morning.

--david
--
| David Wojtowicz, Sr. Research Programmer
| Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
| University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
| email: davidw@xxxxxxxx  phone: (217)333-8390

  • Search the ldm-users archives: