Weather2.admin.niu.edu no-downtime, Redhat 7.3 bugfix

Hello all,

We replaced the video card to weather2.admin.niu.edu at about 14:30Z. The
NVidia card was fried when the bearings in the cooling fan apparently
started dying, stopping the card from being cooled adequately. A new one
requires just a big heat sink, and after Redhat 7.3 saw what happened, it
ran Xconfigurator and it now works great! Total downtime was 12 minutes,
and by now all my downstream sites should be caught up.

Also, a word to Redhat 7.3 users: in case you haven't seen it, updated
psmisc packages are available (http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rh73-errata.html).
There is a bug whereby if you run ldmadmin stop, it sometimes won't
killall (or even any) of the processes. This patch fixes that problem.
Otherwise, and even with that, the LDM has never been more stable on my
system. RH 7.3 really rocks, by far and away the best release yet, IMO.

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: