Re: cirrus.lsc.vsc.edu feeds to foxfire.lsc.vsc.edu

Steven,

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Steven E. McKee wrote:

> We are receiving the following data from your servers to cirrus.lsc.vsc.edu as
> follows, but the feeds have been refused to foxfire.lsc.vsc.edu would you
> please ensure that we can receive data on foxfire!!

I added an entry for foxfire the other day as you requested.  After
investigating my logs, it looks like the problem is with your machine DNS
entry...  a forward lookup of foxfire.lsc.vsc.edu returns 155.42.21.12,
but a reverse lookup of 155.42.21.12 returns no data, which is an error.
My machine is refusing the connection because of this.  Please check with
your network administrator to correct the problem and I think things will
work after that.  Let me know if you have any questions.

                                      Art.

>       papagayo.unl.edu                FSL2
>
> You may remove the feed to cirrus, as cirrus has bellyed up and will nolonger
> run the ldm - Thanks Steve
>
> On Thursday 20 June 2002 21:27, you wrote:
> > Steven,
> >
> > On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Steven E. McKee wrote:
> > > I am the new System Administrator for Lyndon State College's Meteorology
> > > Department.  Presently, I have rebuilt the LDM on our new server
> > > foxfire.lsc.vsc.edu (155.42.21.12) and would like to discontinue feeding
> > > our server cirrus.lsc.vsc.edu (155.42.21.3) and start feeding data to our
> > > new server foxfire.
> > >
> > > Please let me know if I have contacted the correct person to have the LDM
> > > feed moved from cirrus to foxfire.
> >
> > Yes, I'm the right person for Penn State.  I've added foxfire to our allow
> > list.  I also left cirrus in the list until you're through reconfiguring.
> > Let me know if you need anything else.
> >
> >                                         Art.
> >
> > Arthur A. Person
> > Research Assistant, System Administrator
> > Penn State Department of Meteorology
> > email:  person@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, phone:  814-863-1563
>
> --
>
>                                  Steven E. McKee
>                                  System Administrator Meteorology Dept.
>                                  Lyndon State College
>                                  P. O. Box 919
>                                  Lyndonville, VT 05851-0919
>                                  Phone: (802) 626-6328
>                                  Email: Steven.Mckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Arthur A. Person
Research Assistant, System Administrator
Penn State Department of Meteorology
email:  person@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, phone:  814-863-1563

  • Search the ldm-users archives: