Re: Redhat 7.3 running LDM

Steve,

> Redhat only changes major version numbers (ex. 5.x, 6.x, 7.x) when there is a
> binary
> compatibility issue, such as with glib and gcc.

Ah, OK! I didn't know that.

> 7.3 Also comes with a few new nice programs such as kde 3, cups and
> Evolution
> http://www.ximian.com/products/ximian_evolution/
> among a few others and of course all the bug fixes of 7.2
>
> If you have a test machine you could try putting 7.3 on and force removing
> that version of
> Imagemagik and putting the one from 7.2 on and see if its working ok. I
> forgot which programs
> depend on imagemagik but I'm quite sure there are a couple.

But, if I do this, would that cause other serious problems? I just learned
that it is a legit bug affecting all Imagemagick versions from 2.4.3 on.
2.4.3 and 2.4.4, from their bug website, appears to be quite buggy!

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: