-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 11:49 AM
Cc: ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mary,

I am running Solaris 8 on a Sun machine, and had the same problem.  Look at
the following and see how to solve the problem.  It is correspondence with
Anne Wilson at Unidata, and how I solved the problem.  I think I moved my
.login file aside, and things ran fine.  It's not a perfect fix, but it
works and things have run smoothly since.

Anne Wilson wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Here's another thought about the ldm not starting at boot problem.  I'm
wondering about the 'su -' aspect of the script that makes the shell a
login shell.  There are two things I'd like you to try:

1) Try moving just the .login file to the side and then rebooting.

2) Keep .login in place, but modify the script as follows:

                /bin/su ldm -c "$LDMBIN/ldmadmin delqueue"
                /bin/su ldm -c "$LDMBIN/ldmadmin mkqueue"
#               /bin/su ldm -c "$LDMBIN/ldmadmin delsurfqueue"
#               /bin/su ldm -c "$LDMBIN/ldmadmin mksurfqueue"
                /bin/su ldm -c "$LDMBIN/ldmadmin start"

That is, take out the '-' argument to su.

The former does a login but doesn't execute your .login, and the latter
will not do a login at all.  Please let me know what happens.

Anne