Weather.admin.niu.edu update/data lagging

Weather.admin is stable with the new RedHat kernel and patches, but I like
the configuration I have now. I will kindly use this message to ask
UNIDATA to make weather3.admin.niu.edu my primary server, and weather and
weather2 to be my backups.

That's right, weather2.admin.niu.edu is up and running. If you have access
to weather or weather3, you have access to weather2. Weather2 would be a
better backup than weather, since it is faster and less burdened by GIF
image making, at this point. If you have weather or weather3 admin in your
ldmd.conf, could you please add weather2.admin.niu.edu (131.156.8.58) when
you get a chance? Thank you, I appreciate it!

Now, the NIU primary Internet connection has been having serious problems
for a week...but yesterday and today, they have really been bad. Sorry I
didn't get this out earlier, it's been crazy here. If you are lagging
severely, fail over to a backup...I have no ETA when this problem will be
fixed, but it is off-campus and our ISP has been slower than snot to fix
it. :-( I'll keep you posted as details become available.

Thanks for your patience!

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: