20011231: ETA snow grids

Robert,

On NOAAPORT, the ETA ICWF grids on grid 212 for snow depth are:
^[YZ]SR.98 KWBD

Note that this is KWBD for model number 89 and not KWBE (model number 84).
On the ptgftp.nws.noaa.gov ftp server, look for the icwf grids under:
SL.us008001/ST.opnl/MT.eta_CY.12/RD.20011231/PT.grid_DF.gr1
                                    ^^^^^^^^
                                    date name in directory structure

The parameter number in the GRIB is "66". The wgrib code will call the
parameter "SNOD". GEMPAK will call these SNDM and SNDM03 (accumulation period).

As an example in GEMPAK plotting the depth in inches (GDPLOT2):
GDPFUN   = quo(mul(sndm03,100),2.54)
SCALE    = 0
CINT     = 1/1

Steve Chiswell