Re: NNEXRAD Latencies?

I can't find any trouble at the wunderground end, the ingest machine and
feed machine are running well with near-zero latencies, and ping and
traceroute to flood.atmos.uiuc.edu show no problems.

Jeff
 Dr. Jeff Masters (jmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)                           (  )
 Chief Meteorologist                              /\ Home of the       (    )
 The Weather Underground, Inc.               /\  /  \  /\       /\    (      )
 300 N Fifth Ave #240                       /  \/    \/  \ /\  /  \    ------
 Ann Arbor, MI 48104                 ______/              /  \/    \_   \\\\\
 734-994-8824 (voice)                           Weather Underground      \`\`\
 734-994-8919 (fax)                         http://www.wunderground.com

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Kevin R. Tyle wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Like you, we feed from flood, and yes, we see the same latencies.
> Top-level feed site looks to be ingestor.wunderground.com.  Last night
> our stats file indicated latencies near 1 hour for HDS feeds emanating
> from wunderground as well as NNEXRAD.  The HDS latency was transient,
> but NNEXRAD is still slow as of this time.

> Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator               **********************
> Dept. of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences           ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> University at Albany, ES-235                    518-442-4571 (voice)
> 1400 Washington Avenue                          518-442-5825 (fax)
> Albany, NY 12222                                **********************
>
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Eric Nelson wrote:
>

> > We're feeding NNEXRAD and FNEXRAD from flood.atmos.uiuc.edu and seeing
> > latencies of roughly an hour.  Is anyone else experience data lag for
> > these feeds?
> >
> > -Eric
> > Eric Nelson                        College of Dupage Meteorology Dept.
> > NWP WXP Graphics/Forecaster              http://weather.cod.edu/
> > Lab:(630) 942-2590                   enelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > "I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as
> > they go flying by."     --Douglas Adams

  • Search the ldm-users archives: