RE: new NOAAPORT NIDS products

This is normal.  You have to remember that these products are from a
volume scan.  The first tilt is done, and we get the N0R product.  Then
the next tilt finishes about a minute later and we get N1R.  Some
products require the full volume scan (all tilts) and thus will come out
4-6 minutes later.  These include echo tops (NET), precip (N1P/NTP) and
composite reflectivity (NCR).  Once the volume scan is complete, the
next begins.  So after you get these products (NET, NCR), you should get
another tilt one product shortly after (N0R).

Daniel Vietor               Mail: devo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unisys Corp                 Title: Engineer/Meteorologist
221 Gale Lane               Phone: 610-925-5206
Kennett Square PA 19348     Fax: 610-925-5215

  • Search the ldm-users archives: