NIU update

Folks,

The fiber cut here was huge. I have been requested to turn off
everything that I possibly can, so I am no longer getting HRS. My data was
slowing down the entire campus network, so I have disabled everything but
IDS, DDPLUS and radar mosaics (which I don't relay out, of course). I am
now being told that Sunday will be the day that things come back in full.
I am fortunate; the east and south sides of campus have no Internet
service, and cell phones were being passed out to the administration
offices, which were also knocked out. The communication lines were
repaired about 6 PM last night, but it will take 3 more days to repair the
campus network infrastructure. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: