Re: NOAAPORT down?

SSEC had similar problems on Saturday morning.  Our ingestor
(sunshine.ssec.wisc.edu) continued to ingest, but at 11:22 UTC on
Saturday, the 2 pqing processes normally running, were not running.
(The pqing processes read from the sdi ingestor fifos.)  We have a
cronjob that looks to see if these die, and if they do, it automatically
stops and restarts ldm.  After automatically restarting, we continued to
receive data, but we were no longer sending out NEXRAD data over the
ldm.

This morning, when we saw that no NEXRAD data was being sent out, I once
again stopped the ldm, and remade the queue, and restarted ldm.  Still
no Nexrad data, although the other feeds seemed to be functioning
normally.   I finally rebooted the ingestor at (15:10 UTC), and now ALL
data appears to be flowing normally.

Jerry

--
Jerrold Robaidek                        Email:  robo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
SSEC Data Center                        Phone: (608) 262-6025

  • Search the ldm-users archives: