METEOSAT data

For those of you that are sensitive to what does, and what
does not belong on this mailing list, I apologize as this
may not be the right place.

Can anyone tell me about the 8km-16km res METEOSAT-7 McIDAS
area files available on ftp.ncep.noaa.gov every 30 minutes.
Does the 6-hour rule only apply to native resolution data and not
to remapped, degraded imagery?  In other words would I be violating
some agreement by getting the imagery every 30 minutes and using it
internally?  We pay SSEC for the data we use commercially,
but this would just be for quick looks for internal use.

Thanks.

Robert Mullenax

  • Search the ldm-users archives: