OK, this is interesting...

Weather.admin.niu.edu is back up on the old kernel. It is very apparent
that the latest SMP kernel release from Redhat yesterday, version 2.4.9-6,
hates the LDM. The non-SMP version is cool with it. Under the new
SMP (more than one processor) kernel, the LDM, once started, just
continually uses the disk drive. Very weird. The load average on my
machine then rockets up to 10. On the non-SMP machine it stays at a solid
.40, and the disk drive reads/writes as normal. When I switched back to
the old (2.4-3) kernel on my dual processor machine, all was fine.

Should I email Redhat or the support folks@UNIDATA, or both? Well, UNIDATA
support is getting this, so half of my question is answered... :-)

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: