Re: McIDAS AREA FILES???

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, David Wojtowicz wrote:

> >The last McIDAS satellite AREA file data that we have received via UIUC
> >was 15/03Z for GOES-W and 15/02Z.  Is anyone else noting this loss?
> >

> Yes, we noticed that too.
>
> We are presently unable to connect to SSEC:
>
> Oct 15 16:27:57 squall unidata[19784]: FEEDME(unidata.ssec.wisc.edu):
> can't contact portmapper: RPC: Timed out

I can get through to sunshine and sunset.meteor, so I don't know what the
problem is. I can also ping unidata.ssec, but I am not authorized to get
data from that machine. I noticed Wiscnet is now routing me through
Icix.net instead of Genuity. Maybe they did some major work last night
that went awry?

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: