20011005: pqact.conf problem

Jason,

The error log line has the spaces stripped out. This is not the problem in
pqact.conf.

If you are seeing write errors, you may not have created your directories
needed by your program. Remember, pqact will create directories needed for FILE.
But, if you are PIPEing data to a program, it is that program's responsibility
to make directories if necessary...or you have to do it for the program.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Jason J. Levit wrote:

>   Hi all,
>
>   I'm trying to pipe some incoming data to a particular program using
> LDM and the pqact.conf configuration file.
>
>   I have copied over an EXACT copy of a file that works on another
> operating system, but on my Linux system, I receive errors.  The error
> looks like this in the logs:
>
> Oct 05 16:03:00 storm pqact[30545]: pipe_prodput: trying again
> Oct 05 16:03:00 storm pqact[30545]: pbuf_flush (4) write: Broken pipe
> Oct 05 16:03:00 storm pqact[30545]: pipe_dbufput:
> /home/bin/nexradII_bz/home/ldm/data/nexradII/KTLX/20011005155024.ridds
> write error
>
>   LDM appears to be merging together the PIPE command plus the file
> information.  The entry in pqact.conf looks like:
>
>   PIPE  /home/ldm/bin/nexradII_bz /home/ldm/data/nexradII/\2/\3.ridds
>
>   As I mentioned, this appears to be a problem on Linux.  Does anyone
> have any suggestions as to how to get around this problem?  I'm running
> RedHat 6.2 and LDM 5.1.4.  Thanks!
>
>   Jason
>
> --
> Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                   Research Scientist,
> jlevit@xxxxxx             Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
> Room 1022                              University of Oklahoma
> 405/325-3503                           http://www.caps.ou.edu/

  • Search the ldm-users archives: