RE: Pentium IV

 I would be that the Athlon would work just fine with LDM/McIDAS/GEMPAK
as long as the OS support was there.  I know a lot of Solaris Intel folks
are using the single CPU Athlons with great success (not Unidata
stuff, just in general).

We have about 65 desktops in our dept and another 20 servers, nearly all of them using AMD processors and NEVER have encountered a compatibility problem.

--david
--
| David Wojtowicz, Sr. Research Programmer
| Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
| University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
| email: davidw@xxxxxxxx  phone: (217)333-8390

  • Search the ldm-users archives: