20010907: Changes to AMRC's operational Web, FTP, and ADDE server sites

On September 27, 2001 between 12 and 18 UTC the Antarctic Meteorological
Research Center and Automatic Weather Station Project Web, FTP, and McIDAS
ADDE servers will be undergoing a change to a new set of servers and to a
new network. The impact, other than a short period of time when the servers
are down, will be improved network speed, and much larger and improved
servers.

The domain names (uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu and ice.ssec.wisc.edu) will not be
changed. The hardware that they are assigned to will, however, change. The
switch to the new network will force us to have new IP addresses for these
workstations.  The new IP addresses are not known at this time, but we will
inform you of them when they are known. Users of our McIDAS ADDE server who
used the domain names to get to the data set group AMRC will only need to
run a DATALOC HOST command in McIDAS to access the servers after the
changes.  Otherwise, if IP addresses were used, they will have to be
updated manually.  Users are welcome to explore the new ADDE server at
amrc.ssec.wisc.edu by typing in McIDAS:

DATALOC ADD AMRC AMRC.SSEC.WISC.EDU

Users are welcome to explore the new web site at:

http://amrc.ssec.wisc.edu

This server will become the main AMRC and AWS project web server.

Users are also welcome to explore the new FTP mirror site:

ftp://amrc.ssec.wisc.edu

The main site will continue to be the ice.ssec.wisc.edu address.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at
anytime.

Best Regards,

Matthew
AMRC
OO-202-O

Matthew Lazzara - Meteorologist - Antarctic Meteorological Research Center
925 Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences      http://amrc.ssec.wisc.edu
Space Science and Engineering Center           E-mail: mattl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Wisconsin-Madison                      Phone: (608) 262-0436
1225 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53706             Fax: (608) 263-6738

  • Search the ldm-users archives: