Re: Red Hat 7.x

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Brad Teale wrote:

> I have not checked into this, but it comes from a reliable source.
> Supposedly Red Hat release 7.x with a version of the gcc compiler that is
> not supported and not released to the public.  Red Hat was able to do this
> because they own part of the gcc compiler team.  So, I would not use RH 7.x
> until they get a supported compiler again.

FYI, I've been running RH7.0 in-house here with ldm 5.1.3 and gempak 5.6.a
and have had no problems.  The only thing I've had problems with is NFS 2
which upgrades to NFS 3 in RH7.1.  I'll be trying RH7.1 on another system
soon so thanks for the reports.

                                         Art.

Arthur A. Person
Research Assistant, System Administrator
Penn State Department of Meteorology