Fwd: Network outage Thurs, 5 Apr, 5:00 PM

For those folks who feed from meteora.ucsd.edu and don't want to take any chances, SIO has a network upgrade scheduled. You may want to schedule a "failover" for Thursday evening. Those of you who aren't too nervous, you probably won't even notice the outage.

The network will be down for less than 30 minutes on Thursday afternoon (local time). That will be from 0000Z to about 0030Z on 6 Apr 2001. (Our network guys are usually pretty good with their estimates.)

Larry

Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:48:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mick Laver <mlaver@xxxxxxxx>
To: sio-notices@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Network outage Thurs, 5 Apr, 5:00 PM

We are planning to upgrade the core SIO network switch Thursday, 5
Apr, at 5:00PM. This work will break connectivity to upper campus and
the Internet, and will disrupt most traffic between buildings at SIO.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We anticipate the outage to last no more
than 30 minutes.

-----===(* Climate's what we expect, but weather's what we get. *)===----- Larry Riddle : Climate Research Division : Scripps Institution of Oceanography
      University of California, San Diego : La Jolla, California  92093-0224
      Phone: (858) 534-1869 : Fax: (858) 534-8561 : E-Mail: lriddle@xxxxxxxx

  • Search the ldm-users archives: