Re: UIUC Problems?

Sorry, we've had trouble this morning.  It would appear that we
got flooded with packets to portmap and other RPC services
on some of our machines in an apparent Denial of Service attack.
I doubt we were targeted specifically, probably just a hacker
playing with their toys.   This effectively crippled RPC
based services like ldm until the systems could be restarted.

flood should be getting data again...though probably a little
behind for a while.

 David Wojtowicz, Sr. Research Programmer
 Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
 email: davidw@xxxxxxxx  phone: (217)333-8390

  • Search the ldm-users archives: