ETA model data

  Hi everyone,

  I'm trying to receive ETA model data through the IDD, in GRIB format,
and break it up into several smaller files per forecast hour data.  Does
anyone else out there try to do this automatically?  For example, the
files you can FTP from the NOAA OSO server are GRIB files containing
data for every three hours; I currently FTP files like this, and make
them into these types of file names:

   eta40grb.2001013112f00
   eta40grb.2001013112f03
   eta40grb.2001013112f06

  ...etc.  Is there a way to do this automatically within the pqact.conf
file?

  Thanks for any help!

  Jason

Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                      Research Scientist,
jlevit@xxxxxx                Center for Analysis and Prediction of
Storms
Room 1022                                 University of Oklahoma
405/325-3503                              http://www.caps.ou.edu/

  • Search the ldm-users archives: