Re: MCIDAS

I have reported this to ldm support with my former (and current on a
part-time basis now)
at NSBF/NMSU.  Occasionally if ldmfail ( ldm ver. 5.1.2) runs and
switches sites, or if you do an ldmadmin stop/start
manually ldmadmin ps will show no processes but actually the inge McIDAS
processes hang (do a ps -lu ldm
or similar) and won't let and McIDAS files be written.  You will write
errors in ldmd.log.  Sometimes
it's only the binary, sometimes it's the text, sometimes it is both.  I
have seen this on
a Solaris 7 SPARC and a Solaris 8 Intel machine.

Robert Mullenax

Thomas Don Aratari wrote:

> Ok I have finally figured out why the Mcidas just stops after about 5-6
> days.. one of the decoders just hangs and it must stall or stop the Mcidas
> feed.. looks like it turns into a run-away process.
>
> I'll keep a close eye on this now, anyone who was feeding off of yin.engin
> can do so again.
>
> Sorry for the chaos :)
>
> Tom

> Thomas Aratari                  taratari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> UofM ITD Contract Services      Unix System Administration
> AOSS Building - LDM/Sys Admin           (734) 764-4584
> Medical Science Building II - Sys Admin (734) 763-5558
>
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, B. Cottrill wrote:
>
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I appears that there may be something going on ay UMICH.
> >
> > We changed our feed to WISC and this has taken care of our problem.
> > I will keep an eye on it and let everyone know if other problems arise.
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> > BC

> > Bill Cottrill                 |     Anything you do is worth doing
> > Weather Station Manager               |     well. If you do your best, 99%
> > Coordinator Academic Programs |     of the time you will perform
> > Department of Meteorology     |     beyond the expectation. Chances
> > Florida State University      |     are if you even attempt the
> > Phone:  (850) 644-8581                |     task you will perform beyond
> > Fax:  (850) 644-9642          |     the expectation these days.

Robert Mullenax
Weather Systems Administrator
Universal Weather and Aviation
8787 Tallyho