Re: Major fire at UIUC

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> Ldm'ers,
>
> Just got a call from David Wojotowicz at UIUC. There has been a major fire
> at the heating/generating plant there. The entire campus is dark, classes
> are cancelled, and it will be at least a day or two, if not more, before
> they come back up. Feed from your backups, and I'll take any site who
> needs one. Drop me an email, or if you need it REALLY bad, call me at the
> number below.

Power was restored to our part of campus earlier this morning.  I waited
a while to make sure it was stable then brought everything back online
here.  squall.atmos.uiuc.edu and flood.atmos.uiuc.edu are both feeding
data again.  Sorry for the trouble.

 David Wojtowicz, Sr. Research Programmer / Systems Manager
 Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
 email: davidw@xxxxxxxx  phone: (217)333-8390

  • Search the ldm-users archives: