Re: odd LDM behavior

On 1/12/01 11:11 AM, "Jim Koermer" <koermer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Are you somehow getting ldmd.log and ldmd.conf mixed up when the logs
> get rotated? That's the first thing that comes to mind. Also, in what
> directory does ldmd.conf reside?  Are you using the "ldmfail" routine as
> a cron entry. If you used this to failover and did not have the line set
> up correctly, you could wind up getting a 0-byte ldmd.conf file. These
> are the things that come to mind.

Yep...  It has to do with the failover script I wrote.  The 0-byte problem
has happened three times prior all at times like 15, 30 and 45 minutes past
the hour.  Your suggestion about the ldmfail routine made me check in the
crontab, which showed my failover script runs at 0, 15, 30 and 45 minutes
past the hour.  So a quick check of the script led me to the problem...

Grrrr....

Thanks!

Eric

--