OU outage

Folks,

We had a major fire here at OU in one of the steam tunnels early
Wednesday morning around 1:00 AM. It destroyed a portion of our
local network (we have several single point of failures in our
network) and both Internet and internet connectivity has been down
for nearly 24 hours. An official memo from our network folks here
reported that we would be down for 7-10 days. They since found that
the damage was not as bad as it could have been and they got the
network back for a short bit of time.

Later this morning while cleaning up in the tunnels, the cleaning
crew proceeded to cut the wire thus leaving us again without
connections to the outside world. This is the first I have been able
to send word. As of now, we are up and down like a pogo stick and I
have no idea as to when they officially will be completed with
repairs.

I am hoping that repairs will be done shortly, but with the holiday
weekend soon upon us, I am not holding my breath.

mjl

  Dr. Mark J. Laufersweiler     |
  School of Meteorology         | If "con" is the opposite of "pro,"
  University of Oklahoma        |   then what is the opposite of
  laufers@xxxxxx                |             progress?
  (405) 325-6032                |
  (405) 325-7689  (fax)         |

  • Search the ldm-users archives: