We're moving...new IP addresses!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Well, this has been coming for some time, but it appears we are going to
be moving to a new office in a different building Tuesday afternoon. So
if this comes to pass tomorrow afternoon, we will be down from roughly 18Z
until 23Z Tuesday afternoon.

As a result, the IP addresses of our machines running and feeding data
to and from the LDM will change. They will be:

Primary---weather.admin.niu.edu---131.156.8.47
Backup----weather3.admin.niu.edu--131.156.8.48

ALso, if our primary NOAAPORT sites (sunset.meteor.wisc.edu,
squall.atmos.uiuc.edu and iita.rap.ucar.edu) would note this change, that
would be awesome. Also, if our backup sites at dusk.ssec.wisc.edu, LSU,
PSU, UMich and Cornell would note this, I would greatly appreciate it!

If you have just weather(3).admin.niu.edu in your entries, I think that
should be good enough, no? If not, if you could leave both IP entries in
your ldmd.conf for each of these machines, I'd appreciate it. If there is
a delay, I'll let you know ASAP.

Sorry for any inconvenience...

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***
New office as of Tuesday: Davis Hall 601a                              *

  • Search the ldm-users archives: