[idvusers] quiry on MODIS satellite data in netCDF format

Dear Folks,

             I am new to IDV software, Can anybody assist me exactly
options/menus

1.   To read netCDF/Hdf Aerosol AOD and AE parameters from
 MODIS satellite data and can apply simple descriptive statistics such
as monthly, annual, seasonal average of parameters and their display
 of data contours like lat vs time or long vs time or lat-long?  MODIS AOD
 data for every 3hrs is can be obtained from

https://ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/archive/allData/61/MOD04_3K/2000/055/
2. Can i have the option of choosing desired lat-long band?
           Thanks in advance for encouraging as IDV user.
--
Dr. U.JAYA PRAKASH RAJU
Asst. Pof. in Dept. of PHYSICS