[idvusers] Basic questions about screen outputs

Hello,
I've been using IDV for the last 10 days and have 2 basic questions:
1) How do you display a color table on the screen? Let's say I have either windspeed or temperature, adjusting the scale is straightforward. However, capturing a screenshot does not show any numbered scale showing the relationship between magnitude and color. I tried Displays->CurrentView->View->Show but it's not there; then, I turned to DisplaySettings but it didn't do the trick either. 2) When I'm working with North or South America projections, no problem; however, when the projection is for Europe, there's a black stripe, which might be the Greenwich Meridian. Is there an easy way to get rid of it?
Thank you.
Arturo