[idvusers] End Of Life for access to Unidata TDS and RAMADDA using motherlode/atm hosts

  • To: idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [idvusers] End Of Life for access to Unidata TDS and RAMADDA using motherlode/atm hosts
  • From: Jennifer Oxelson Ganter <oxelson@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 20:07:04 -0600
Greetings,

We are announcing the End Of Life for access to the following TDS and
RAMADDA services using the following hosts/urls:

TDS:
motherlode.ucar.edu/thredds*
motherlode.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds*
atm.ucar.edu/thredds*
atm.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds*

RAMADDA:
motherlode.ucar.edu/repository*
motherlode.unidata.ucar.edu/repository*
atm.ucar.edu/repository*
atm.unidata.ucar.edu/repository*

Access to Unidata's TDS and RAMADDA servers is always available at the
following URLs respectively:
https://thredds.ucar.edu
https://ramadda.unidata.ucar.edu

Please update your bundles, bookmarks, and/or any scripts you may have the
reference the atm/motherlode hosts directly.

Redirects are currently in place to forward TDS/RAMADDA traffic from
the atm/motherlode
hosts to the relevant  https://thredds.ucar.edu and https://
ramadda.unidata.ucar.edu  hosts.

However, these redirects will be removed on *August 1, 2019*; after
which requests
to the TDS or RAMADDA via the atm/motherlode hosts will no longer work.

Bundles/scripts that reference thredds.ucar.edu and/or
ramadda.unidata.ucar.edu will not be affected.

If you haven't already done so, we recommend you upgrade to the latest
version of the IDV (version 5.6), available at:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Jennifer