[idvusers] No gridded data found

Hello everyone!

I am having trouble opening a *.nc file using IDV. The error I encounter is "
No gridded data found". I found some posts about the same problem in the
idvusers list, but I cannot find a proper solution.

I create a nc file using python 2.7 and netCDF4.1.2.4 module. The dimensions
and the variables related to them are created this way:

Dimensions:
dataout.createDimension('t', None)
dataout.createDimension('y', 361)
dataout.createDimension('x', 720)
dataout.createDimension('z', 1)

Variables:
lat = self.dataout.createVariable('y', 'f4',( 'y',), zlib=True)
lat.units = 'degrees_north'
lon = self.dataout.createVariable('x', 'f4', ('x',), zlib=True)
lon.units = 'degrees_east'
time = self.dataout.createVariable('t', 'f4', ('t',), zlib=True)
time.units = 'hours'
time.calendar = 'gregorian'
vertical = self.dataout.createVariable('z','f4',('z',),zlib=True)
vertical.units = 'hPa'
vertical.positive = 'down'

Variable filling:
lat[:] = np.arange(-90,90.5,.5)
lon[:] = np.arange(-180,180,.5)
time[:] = 80
vertical[:] = 850

According to ncdump my file has the follow coordinate variable data:
t = 180 ;
z = 850 ;
y = -90, -89.5, -89, -88.5 ...... 85.5, 86, 86.5, 87, 87.5, 88, 88.5, 89, 89.5,
90 ;
x = -180, -179.5, -179, ...... 178, 178.5, 179, 179.5 ;

Any idea about what could lead to the "no gridded data found" error?

Thank you very much!
Sara

Sara Loureiro Solla
Junior Metocean Modeller
BMT ARGOSS

Tel:          +31 (0)527 769105
Website:  www.bmtargoss.com<http://www.bmtargoss.com/>

LinkedIn<http://www.bmt.org/linkedin/> |
Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/bmtgroup> |
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/BMTGroup> |
YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/bmtgroupltd>

BMT ARGOSS, Spacelab 45, 3824 MR, Amersfoort, The Netherlands

Registered in the Netherlands, No 39060160, Registered office as above.

Unless otherwise agreed by BMT ARGOSS in writing, all work, services, goods or
products supplied by BMT ARGOSS shall be subject to and governed by BMT
ARGOSS's own terms and conditions which are available for inspection from BMT
ARGOSS on request.

E-mail confidentiality notice and disclaimer:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the
mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, you are not allowed to
read it, to take any action based upon it or to copy it, forward, distribute or
disclose the contents of it and you should please delete it from your system.
BMT ARGOSS does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context
of this e-mail or its attachments which arise as a result of internet
transmission, nor accept liability for statements which are those of the author
and clearly not made on behalf of BMT ARGOSS.

environmental impacts of printing this email, and only do so if really necessary

GIF image

GIF image