Re: [idvusers] select irregularly spaced time steps selection over a long period

Matt Niznik has tools that write a .isl script that will fetch .zidv bundles,
given a list of {lat,lon,time} tuples and a template .xidv bundle that has the
data sources and fields and displays you want.

So you could do an .isl script that grabs 300 case studies that way.

A little shell loop could unzip them and call NCO/CDO to (1) edit the
dimensions metadata from absolute space-time to a relative space-time (or lag,
like centered on Jan 1, 1000 around 0N, 0E), then (2) make them an ensemble and
average it (this is your composite).

It’s not all done inside the IDV, but it uses IDV’s mighty power to download
multiple fields from multiple sources, centered on your event location list.

Brian