Re: [idvusers] running IDV in background using Xvfb or Xvnc

Don,

This tricky process has been codified in a Dockerfile by Ward Fisher.

https://github.com/Unidata/Unidata-Dockerfiles/blob/master/idv/Dockerfile.gui

Also look at the co-located startidv.sh script.

I think you will find Dockerfiles easy to read so you should be able to
either use it directly or for inspiration as it will have all the hints you
need, even if not using Docker.