Re: [idvusers] Display gridded data with different but synchronous time points

  • To: Brian Mapes <bmapes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] Display gridded data with different but synchronous time points
  • From: Michael Muratet <muratetm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 10:18:16 -0500
> On Sep 8, 2015, at 10:14 PM, Brian Mapes <bmapes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> If the IDV shows the nearest available time, the 6Z-9Z display change would
> appear from 7Z to 8Z in the list of times.
> Is that what is puzzling you?
Yes, that puzzled me. The image for the 3 hr file changes in the middle of the
window and not at the 3 hr points? It must be the code’s way of supplying the
data closest to the point requested. I can see that.

> Perhaps defining your own list of times will get you what you want. I often
> use that to set the Time Driver, then use Time Driver to sample datasets at
> the desired times. Click the little "i" near the animation controller to get
> the Time Animation Properties dialog. Apologies if this is too elementary to
> address your question.

No worries, I am a baby lost in the woods here.

I did try the Time Animation Properties dialog but didn’t see any effect. I’ll
try it again to see if I can affect when the data changes.

Let me ask you another question if I may. The files have six different levels
for every time point. I can see a pull-down menu for level, but it only shows
‘2’ for 2 m. Should I be able to set the level?

Thanks

Mike