Re: [idvusers] Can I use a theta surface as "topography" for "vectors over topography"?

  • To: idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] Can I use a theta surface as "topography" for "vectors over topography"?
  • From: "Don Murray (NOAA Affiliate)" <don.murray@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 13:20:21 -0600
Hi Brian-

Not at present. When you drawn an isosurface, you are just taking a slice out of the entire 3D volume. The constructed surface is done at a low level in the display (VisAD), not lat/lon/alt coordinates, and the IDV doesn't have a direct hook down to that level. One could probably write some code to get at that, but it would involve going down into the Shadow* classes where mere mortals fear to tread.

I'm pretty sure this was on the "TODO" list at one time, but since I'm not involved with development any more, you'd have to ask Unidata about that.

Don